Thursday, May 4, 2017

High School Career

"It was as simple as spaghetti. High school will be easy and fun. It will go by so fast." My sister Sabrina said. I was entering freshman year with people I did not know, and all I could feel was butterflies in my stomach. I walk in the school building, and the first interaction I have is with a junior he tells me "You're a freshman, huh? I could tell. Well welcome to ASU Prep, home of the snakes.." He laughs and walks away. I giggled and walked to my capstone to get my schedule.

 The first 2 periods went good, but by the 3rd period, I got yelled at by my science teacher. I knew after this I would have a tough year with this teacher. I didn't know what time 3rd period started, so I was late by 10-15 minutes. I walk into class, and everyone looks at me. All I feel is my face heat up.

"What's your name, Ms?" Ms. Andrew's says.
 "Crystal. Crystal Hernandez." I said.
 "Class started like 15 minutes ago. Why are you late?" She says.
"I lost track of time." I said.
"Well next time, don't be late. Or we'll have serious consequences." She said.

After that situation, my day went fine. The rest of freshman year went great. Sophomore year was very different. I met more people, and came out my shell a lot more. Sophomore year I struggled with school and friendships. I met my boyfriend this year. He was a senior. Sophomore year was great besides all the struggles I had. Junior year was very great. Academically, I did amazing, I even surprised myself. My goal was to get all A's, which I accomplished. I wanted to make up for what I slacked sophomore year.

Senior year. It's here, and almost over. I would say senior year was my most stressful year. Everyone says that senior year will be so easy because you're basically done with school. I must say that it was not easy. For one, trying to figure college out was hard. Secondly, the amount of work I had and still have to do, was terrifying. I don't know how I managed to get it all done, have great grades, have a social life, and get at least 5 hours of sleep. I barely have a social life, but it's okay because it is going to pay off. Not only was senior year stressful academically, but personal life was a bit stressful, too. I realized that the friends I though would be there forever, aren't always going be there. You meet new people, and somehow you become distant. Which I am fine with, I believe that things happen for a reason. As I begin to approach graduation, the end of my high school career, I am a little emotional, but I am most excited to start a new chapter. I'm scared to start this new chapter in my life, but I know that I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment