Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Crystal In The Kitchen: How To Make Rice Krispie Treats

I loved rice krispies, but sometimes they are way too sweet for me. I like to have them on occasion. They are great for holiday parties, birthday parties, and all year round! When I make my rice krispies I like to add chocolate chips to the mixtures, m&ms, or little sweets like that, but for now, we will leave them plain! This recipe is one of the most easiest desserts I have made in such little amount of time. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons of butter 
  • 1 package (10 oz.) of Marshmallows 
  • 6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal 

Directions: 
  1. In a big pan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. 
  2. Once the butter is melted, add in the marshmallows.
  3. Stir the mixture until both are melted completely. Remove from heat.
  4. Add in the cereal and stir till well combined. 
  5. Evenly press the mixture into a 13 x 9 pan, or what you have. Make sure the pan has been buttered so that the mixture won't stick. 
  6. Let it chill in the fridgerator for 3-5 hours.  
  7. ENJOY YOUR DESSERT! 

I hope you enjoyed making this easy dessert! Stay tuned for more! 

3 comments:

  1. I wish you'd make more "adventurous" desserts, especially since there's a post series on cooking and you're supposed to be a pro at teaching others how to do this...

    What about including concoctions of your own? Putting a twist on krispie treats, for example...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THX for the recipe. I might try to make some rice crispies over the next week. -Juan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Crystal from a person that tasted these if I can remember during capstone this creation that you made is absolutely delirious and props to you for this dessert.

    ReplyDelete