Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Cosmo: Eyeliner Tips & Tricks

I don't know if it is just me, but I find eyeliner the trickiest part of doing my makeup. One eye is slaying and the other eye is needing help. Having dried out eyeliner, the right tools, and more will affect the outcome of your eyeliner. Eyeliner takes some time to master, just keep practicing. I share some tips I have learned from my mom, and others about eyeliner. I hope you enjoy my tips!

Eyeliner Tips:

1. If you have ran out of eyeliner, take a small angled brush and dip it in to your mascara. Apply your eyeliner as you would!

2. I always loved using gel liner, but it was so aggravating when the gel liner would dry out. I trick I learned was to add eyedrops to revive your gel liner!

3. Sometimes when my pencil eyeliner isn't as black as I like it, I take a lighter and put the eyeliner in it to melt it a bit. I let it cool for 10 seconds then apply!


4. If you are looking to create the perfect winged liner, use tape. That is what I used for a very long time to get the hang of doing winged eyeliner. It takes time, but the results are magnificent.
5. If you are a beginner at eyeliner, especially winged eyeliner, I would recommend using a liquid eyeliner pencil. That's what worked best for me. I used gel when I first started, but when I would make a mistake and go to clean it, it was a difficult process. With liquid eyeliner, it was easy to clean up.

I hope you enjoyed my eyeliner tips! It has worked for me overtime, and I hope it works for you!

3 comments:

  1. Eyeliner is incredibly hard for me! In the past when I have attempted to do it I have failed miserably. I hope these tricks help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to agree with you that getting the hang of doing a winged liner, is one of the most hardest and time consuming thing a person can do. I recently have started to practice a bit more with eye make up and I can say your post was the most helpful. I would take your advice and begin with tape to get the placement of my wing and add drops to my drying gel. -Daisy C

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet! i personally struggle with eyeliner but your blog shows a clear image on how to do so. I like all of your topics on here! -Avannah

    ReplyDelete