My role model is my mother. Yes, I know everyone says their mom is their role model. My mom wasn't always my role model to begin with. I always thought that when she would try to give me advice on situations, she was trying to be controlling. I didn't trust my mom when I was younger because she would never spend one-on-one with me, but she always did with my sister Marissa. So we didn't get that bond that we should of had. As I got older, I realized that my mom was only looking out for me. I started spending more time with her. I know I can trust my mom.
Two years ago, I started talking to a guy who was a few years older than I was. She didn't agree with that because she thought he was trouble. She didn't give me the time to explain, she based her opinions of him off of my sister Marissa's opinions. My mom got pregnant at a very young age. She was dating a guy who was a few years older than she was. Doesn't that sound similar to my situation? I knew better than that because she would always tell me how hard it was having a baby at 15 years old. I don't want a baby at this age, I have goals to accomplish. To make this long story short, she ended up giving this guy a chance and 2 years later, I am still with him.
I admire my mother so much. She has the kindest heart. If you need help, whether its advice, money, or just a friend, she will do all she can to help. Ever since my mom started trusting me, we have gotten very close. She's my best friend and role model.
No comments:
Post a Comment